Disability Inclusion for Health and Development
The Disability Inclusion for Health & Development Unit (DIHD) supports equitable development through the design and delivery of tools, strategies, research and training to overcome discrimination and ensure the participation of the most disadvantaged populations.
- Access to Quality Education
- Disability and social inclusion technical advice for the Kiribati Facility
- Early Childhood Identification and Development in Fiji
- Inclusive Preparedness For Humanitarian Response - PADIS
- Physical rehabilitation evidence, standards, and their impact on health and society
- Preventing suicide in India by improving media reporting of suicide
- The impact of aid investment for orthotics and prosthetics: the case of Nippon Foundation and Exceed
- The Pacific Indicators for Disability-Inclusive Education
- The Rapid Assessment of Disability (RAD)
- Translation of tobacco control policies from Australia to India
Education and Learning
The Education and Learning Unit guarantees academic excellence and real world relevance through the integration of insights stemming from our research and development practice.
Health Systems Governance and Financing
The Governance and Financing Unit (GFU) aims to strengthen the foundations of health systems – their governance, funding arrangements and policy frameworks – to better support the delivery of effective services and programs.
- Australia-Indonesia Partnership for Pro-Poor Policy—The Knowledge Sector Initiative (KSI)
- Covid-19 Health Worker Voices
- Development and delivery of a global learning program on health systems strengthening for UNICEF
- Health Governance and Nutrition Development Project
- Health seeking behaviour in four Indian States
- Research Hub for the Asia-Pacific Observatory on Health Systems and Policies
- Research Hub for the Asia-Pacific Observatory on Health Systems and Policies (APO)
Maternal, Sexual and Reproductive Health
The Maternal, Sexual and Reproductive Health Unit promotes equitable access to quality maternal, sexual and reproductive health services via programmatic, educational and research-based initiatives, with a focus on building health systems to more effectively reach under-served populations in low and middle income countries.
- A health systems approach to an economic evaluation of nurse mentoring models in India
- Bloomberg Data for Health Services
- Continuous Professional Development Strategy for Primary Health Care nurses - Kiribati
- India Health Policy and Systems Research Fellowship
- Primary health care service delivery redesign for the COVID 19 new normal
- Saving Lives at Birth (SLAB)
- Understanding and Addressing Catastrophic Health Events in India
Non Communicable Disease Unit
The Noncommunicable Disease Prevention and Control Unit has recently located to the Nossal Institute for Global Health and has combined with the existing world-class expertise and capabilities of Professor Brian Oldenburg and his team.
- Excellence in Non Communicable disease Research (ENCORE) between Australian and India
- GACD - Leveraging India’s national NCD program
- Improving the Health of People With Type 2 Diabetes Using New Technologies to Optimise Self Management
- Kerala Diabetes Prevention Program
- NHMRC Centre for Research Excellence
- PhD Projects
- Trainee Programs
- WHO Collaborating Centre
One Health describes the interactions between the well-being of humans, animals and the environment. We subscribe to a vision where One Health is a comprehensive way to understand and support a community’s livelihood security. Livelihood security requires good family nutrition, health, equity, and economic and habitat security.