Health Systems Governance and Financing
+61 3 9035 4065
We support the development of strong health systems governance and financing in Asia and the Pacific to enable countries to adapt to changing health needs, in particular to improve equity in the distribution of and access to health services. We build on our existing body of work developed through a range of long-term activities in a number of countries (including India and Indonesia, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam), the DFAT-funded Health Governance and Health Financing Knowledge Hub, the Asia Pacific Observatory on Health Systems and Policies (WHO), the Asia Network for Health Systems Strengthening and the DFAT-supported Australia-India Institute Taskforce on Tobacco Control.
From 2017 - 2021, we aim to:
- Build on an existing body of work that supports improved health systems (promotive, preventive, curative, rehabilitative).
- Combine the benefits of practical work and technical assistance with academic principles and procedures in health systems analysis.
- Work in partnership with multilateral and bilateral development agencies and in-country planners and researchers to advance national health governance and financing strategies.
- Support progress towards universal health coverage by developing interventions and strategies to provide increased access to quality health services, particularly for the poor.
- Health seeking behaviour in four Indian States
- Research Hub for the Asia-Pacific Observatory on Health Systems and Policies (APO)
- A health systems approach to an economic evaluation of nurse mentoring models in India
- Health Governance and Nutrition Development Project
- Australia-Indonesia Partnership for Pro-Poor Policy—The Knowledge Sector Initiative (KSI)
- Development and delivery of a global learning program on health systems strengthening for UNICEF
- Ethics & equity: Implications for health systems research priority-setting
School Research Themes
For further information about this research, please contact Head of Unit Professor Peter Annear
Department / Centre
Unit / Centre
MDHS Research library
Explore by researcher, school, project or topic.