Health Systems Governance and Financing
+61 3 83448423
We support the development of strong health systems governance and financing in Asia and the Pacific to enable countries to adapt to changing health needs, in particular to improve equity in the distribution of and access to health services. We build on our existing body of work developed through a range of long-term activities in a number of countries (including India and Indonesia, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam), the DFAT-funded Health Governance and Health Financing Knowledge Hub, the Asia Pacific Observatory on Health Systems and Policies (WHO), the Asia Network for Health Systems Strengthening and the DFAT-supported Australia-India Institute Taskforce on Tobacco Control.
From 2017 - 2021, we aim to:
- Build on an existing body of work that supports improved health systems (promotive, preventive, curative, rehabilitative).
- Combine the benefits of practical work and technical assistance with academic principles and procedures in health systems analysis.
- Work in partnership with multilateral and bilateral development agencies and in-country planners and researchers to advance national health governance and financing strategies.
- Support progress towards universal health coverage by developing interventions and strategies to provide increased access to quality health services, particularly for the poor.
- Andrea Boudville
Senior Technical Advisor
- Dr Louise Freijser
- Noor Shah Kamawal
- John Tayu Lee
- Alison Macintyre
Senior Technical Adviser
- Cormac Mercer
- Dr Naveen Tenneti
- Australia-Indonesia Partnership for Pro-Poor Policy—The Knowledge Sector Initiative (KSI)
- Health systems strengthening - global learning program
- Covid-19 Health Worker Voices
- Evaluation of RACS International Eye Health Programs
- Improving child development outcomes: the role of WASH
- Health Professional Education Market Assessment
- Rethinking Malaria
- Program Evaluation: Pacific Health and Nutrition
- Community energy resilience pilot project - Maldives
- Spotlight Initiative to eliminate violence against women & girls in Timor-Leste
- PNG: Technical assistance through the ADB’s Health Services Sector Development Project
- Preparing the Pacific Renewable Energy Investment Facility
- Strengthening the impact measurement of MMV investments
- Collaboration on One Health Economics Research for Systems
- Gender Equality and Disability Inclusion Contextual Analysis
- Developing a self-sustaining financing strategy for SAMES
- Health Professional Education Market Assessment - Saudi Arabia
School Research Themes
For further information about this research, please contact Head of Unit Katherine Gilbert
Department / Centre
Unit / Centre
MDHS Research library
Explore by researcher, school, project or topic.