Disability Inclusion for Health and Development
HEAD OF UNITDr Alex Robinson
T: +61 3 8344 3582
Location: Level 5, 333 Exhibition Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
Development is only sustainable if it is equitable. Inclusive development and health service delivery increases security and broadens opportunities for all. By ensuring disability perspectives in research, policy and practice, the whole of society benefits. Our work delivers practical targeted and mainstreamed solutions for real world impact. We work to ensure equitable participation in development for persons with disabilities and others at risk of exclusion.
From 2017 - 2021, we aim to:
- Improve disability data, measurement, and the monitoring of progress towards national, regional and international commitments to disability inclusion.
- Improve access to health care and development actions for persons with disabilities.
- Better understand and address the relationship between disability and disproportionate risk to build inclusive and resilient societies.
Sally Baker - Associate
Alexandra Devine - Senior Research Officer
Manjula Marella - Research Fellow
Dr Liem Nguyen - Senior Technical Advisor
Dr Wesley Pryor - Senior Technical Advisor
Fleur Smith - Technical Advisor
Beth Sprunt - Senior Technical Advisor
- W-DARE: Women with Disability taking Action on REproductive and Sexual Health
- The Pacific Indicators for Disability-Inclusive Education
- Access to Quality Education
- The Rapid Assessment of Disability (RAD)
School Research Themes
For further information about this research, please contact Dr Alex Robinson