Disability and Health Unit
We aim to improve the health of people with disabilities, their families and communities through rigorous research and knowledge exchange.
Evidence and Child Health Unit
The Evidence and Child Health Unit comprises two programs: The Jack Brockhoff Child Health and Wellbeing Program that works towards a vision of every child having the opportunity for a fulfilling and healthy life, and the Public Health Insight program, which incorporates the Cochrane Public Health Group.
Gender and Women's Health Unit
The Gender and Women’s Health Unit aims to improve the health of women, their families and communities through high quality teaching, research and knowledge exchange. The Unit’s work contributes to knowledge about the health effects of gender inequity and its intersection with other social, economic, cultural, psychological, and biological factors.
Health Humanities and Social Sciences Unit
The Health Humanities and Social Sciences Unit brings together the humanities and social sciences in the study of health and health care. The Centre uses multi-disciplinary approaches to strengthen the nexus between theory and practice in the study of health and society.
Indigenous Health Equity Unit
The Indigenous Health Equity Unit is committed to research and teaching that is underpinned by principles of Indigenous community development and that will lead to long-term improvements in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health.
Indigenous Studies Unit
The Indigenous Studies Unit aims to develop world-class teaching and research in Australian Indigenous Studies.
- Alcohol management in indigenous north Australia: policies and responses
- Alcohol Management Plans in Aboriginal Communities: An ethnographic study
- Alcohol Management Plans in indigenous Australia
- Alcohol Management Plans: Innovation in Research and Evaluation
- Digitisation and Indigenous Communities
- Health and Community Service Agreements
- IBES-Wadeye IPTV: Delivering audiovisual archives to remote aboriginal communities
- Indigenous Data Sovereignty
- Local Aboriginal Community Archives
- Poverty in the Midst of Plenty