Maternal, Sexual and Reproductive Health
+61 3 8344 7649
We support countries to fulfil the Global Strategy for Women, Children and Adolescents 2016-2030. Our goal is to build strong health systems that will provide timely, quality maternal, sexual and reproductive health (MSRH) services that are acceptable, affordable and accessible for all.
From 2017 - 2021, we aim to:
- Work with governments and development partners to design, implement and evaluate initiatives to improve maternal, sexual and reproductive health service quality and utilisation.
- Undertake rigorous research to generate evidence for better MSRH outcomes.
- Create a capable health workforce through education, training and practical interventions.
- Strengthen monitoring and reporting of maternal, sexual and reproductive health in order to measure progress and identify needs.
- Prarthna Dayal, Senior Technical Advisor
- Tori Oliver, Senior Technical Advisor
- Dr Matthew Reeve, Senior Technical Advisor
- Dr Daniel Strachan, Senior Technical Advisor
- Brigitte Tenni, Senior Technical Advisor
- Saving Lives at Birth (SLAB)
- A health systems approach to an economic evaluation of nurse mentoring models in India
- Understanding and Addressing Catastrophic Health Events in India
- Primary health care service delivery redesign for the COVID 19 new normal
- Continuous Professional Development Strategy for Primary Health Care nurses - Kiribati
- India Health Policy and Systems Research Fellowship
- Health seeking behaviour in four Indian States
- Violence Against Women and Girls: Understanding the Indonesian health system response
- Impact of COVID-19 on the sexual & reproductive health of vulnerable communities in Indonesia
Faculty Research Themes
School Research Themes
Prevention and management of non-communicable diseases (including cancer), and promotion of mental health, Disparities, disadvantage and effective health care, Data science, health metrics and disease modeling
For further information about this research, please contact Head of Unit (Interim) Sumit Kane
Department / Centre
Unit / Centre
MDHS Research library
Explore by researcher, school, project or topic.