As an employee of Nossal Institute, there are many benefits in addition to the interesting and impactful work our people have the opportunity to do.
Salary packaging allows you to sacrifice some of your salary in return for a benefit, such as general living expenses. By paying for this benefit with pre-tax dollars, you reduce your taxable income and increase your disposable income.
Nossal Institute employees are able to access NFP salary packaging so you can make the most of your money. Read more about salary packaging.
We offer a range of flexible working strategies to meet the needs of our people and business including :
- Hybrid working
- Remote working
- Flexible start and finish times
- Part-time work
- ‘Purchasing’ extra paid leave
- Unpaid leave
Generous Leave Provisions
- Annual leave loading (17.5%)
- Paid holidays between Christmas and New Year (in addition to public holidays)
- Fourteen weeks paid parental leave
Wellbeing Support Services
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Free, confidential counselling services
- 25 per cent off full-fee graduate courses and community access program subjects at the University, and discounts for family members
- Subsidised childcare facilities
- Discounted MTC packages
- Access to 11 libraries, 12 museums and galleries, 37 cultural collections, University House club and other university clubs and networks
- Discounts for medical, optometry and dental treatment, veterinary services, and health insurance
- Discounted access to the University’s fitness centre