Melbourne School of Population and Global Health
Our Centres & Institutes
Centre for Health Equity
Reports and Publications
- King T, Elliott K. Why gender equality is good for men’s health and why this matters now. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. (Accepted 22 January 2021)
- Ervin J, Milner A, Kavanagh A & King T. The double burden of poverty and marital loss on the mental health of older Australian women; a longitudinal regression analysis using 17 annual waves of the HILDA cohort. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology. 2021. 1-10
- Fine C & Sojo V. Women's value: beyond the business case for diversity and inclusion. The Lancet, 2019: 393(10171), 515-516.
- Fine C, Sojo V & Lawford‐Smith H. Why does workplace gender diversity matter? Justice, organizational benefits, and policy. Social Issues and Policy Review, 2020: 14(1), 36-72.
- King T, Taouk Y, LaMontagne T, Maheen H & Kavanagh A. Gendered associations between household labour force participation and mental health using 17 waves of Australian cohort data. Social Psychiatry Psychiatric Epidemiology (Accepted 28 September 2020).
- Kaunein N, Singh A & King T. Associations between Individual-level and area-level social disadvantage and oral health behaviours in Australian adolescents. Australian Dental Journal. 2020 65(7): 286-293.
- King T, Hewitt B, Crammond B, Sutherland G, Maheen H & Kavanagh A. Reordering gender systems: can COVID-19 lead to improved gender equality and health? The Lancet 18 June 2020 10.1016/S0140-6736(20)31418-5
- Milner A, Scovelle A, Hewitt B, Maheen H, Ruppanner L & King T. Shifts in gender equality and suicide: A panel study of changes over time in 87 countries. J Affective Disorders Nov 2020: 276;495-500 10.1016/j.jad.2020.07.105
- King T, Shields M, Byars S, Kavanagh A, Craig L & Milner A. Breadwinners and losers: does the mental health of mothers, fathers and children vary by household employment arrangements? Evidence from seven waves of data from the Longitudinal Study of Australian Children. Am Journal Epidemiol. March 2020, https://www.doi.org/10.1093/aje/kwaa138
- King T, Shields M, Sojo V, Daraganova G, Currier D, O’Neil A, King K & Milner A. Expressions of masculinity and associations with suicidal ideation among young males. BMC Psychiatry 20: 228 2020. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12888-020-2475-y
- King T, Kavanagh A, Scovelle A, Milner A. Associations between gender equality and health: a systematic review. Health Promo Intl. 2020 Feb 1;35(1):27-41. 10.1093/heapro/day093.
- King T, Singh A, Milner A & Kavanagh A. Associations between gender role attitudes and mental health outcomes in a nationally representative sample of Australian adolescents. J Adolescent Health 2019 1-7. 10.1016/j.jadohealth.2019.01.011
- Milner A, Shields M & King T. The influence of masculine norms and mental health on health literacy among men: Evidence from the Ten to Men study. Am J Mens Health 2019 Sep-Oct; 13(5): 1-9. 10.1177/1557988319873532
- Milner A, King T, Bentley R, LaMontagne A, Kavanagh A. Men’s work, women’s work, and mental health: a longitudinal investigation of the relationship between the gender composition of occupations and mental health. Social Science & Medicine, vol.204, 2018, 16-22. doi:10.1016/j.socscimed.2018.03.020
- Milner A, Shields M, Scovelle A, Sutherland G & King T. Health literacy in Australian male dominated occupations: What is the role of gendered working environments? American Journal of Men’s Health. 2020: 1-9.