Do either of your baby's biological parents or any of their older siblings suffer from asthma, eczema/atopic dermatitis, hayfever/allergic rhinitis or food allergy? If yes - and your baby is under three weeks old then you may be eligible to join our study.
Participation in this study, will involve:
- An initial assessment (at either the Royal Women's Hospital, Frances Perry or the Mercy - or at the Royal Children's Hospital if you have left hospital or gave birth at another hospital) where you will be asked to complete two surveys and undertake a skin assessment of your baby.
- Completing 4 online surveys, over the 12-month study period.
- Completing a short weekly online diary card, over the 12-month study period.
- Bringing your baby to the RCH for two visits (at 6-weeks and 12-months) where he/she will have pain-free skin assessments.
- Undertaking a skin prick test at 12-months to find out if your baby has a sensitivity to common substances (dust, cat hair, rye grass, milk protein, shellfish and peanuts). Children who are sensitised to certain foods during this testing will be offered an appointment to undergo a food challenge to determine if they are allergic to those foods.
- Optional blood prick, oral microbiome, skin and breast milk samples.
To learn more about what is involved, please download the participation information form:
Participant information form
If you are interested in participating, please contact us:
Freecall: 1800 875 126