Do either of your baby's biological parents or any of their older siblings suffer from asthma, eczema/atopic dermatitis, hayfever/allergic rhinitis or food allergy? If yes - and your baby is under three weeks old then you may be eligible to join our study.
Participation in this study, will involve:
- An initial assessment (at either the Royal Women's Hospital, Frances Perry or the Mercy - or at the Royal Children's Hospital if you have left hospital or gave birth at another hospital) where you will be asked to complete two surveys and undertake a skin assessment of your baby.
- Completing 4 online surveys, over the 12-month study period.
- Completing a short weekly online diary card, over the 12-month study period.
- Bringing your baby to the RCH for two visits (at 6-weeks and 12-months) where he/she will have pain-free skin assessments.
- Undertaking a skin prick test at 12-months to find out if your baby has a sensitivity to common substances (such as dust, cat hair, rye grass and foods). Children who are sensitised to certain foods during this testing will be offered an appointment to undergo a food challenge to determine if they are allergic to those foods.
- Optional blood prick, skin and breast milk samples.
To learn more about what is involved, please download the participation information form:
Participant information form
If you are interested in participating, please contact us:
Freecall: 1800 875 126