Do either of your baby's biological parents or any of their older siblings suffer from asthma, eczema/atopic dermatitis, hayfever/allergic rhinitis or food allergy? If yes - and your baby is under three weeks old then you may be eligible to join our study.
Participation in this study, will involve:
- An initial assessment where you will be asked to complete two surveys and undertake a skin assessment of your baby
- Completing 4 online surveys, over the 12-month study period
- Completing a daily online diary card, over the 12-month study period
- Bringing your baby to the RCH for three visits where he/she will have pain-free skin assessments.
- Undertaking a skin prick test to find out if your baby has a sensitivity to common substances (such as dust, cat hair, rye grass and foods). Children who are sensitised to certain foods during this testing will be offered an appointment to undergo a food challenge to determine if they are allergic to those foods.
- Optional blood prick, skin and breast milk samples
To learn more about what is involved, please download the participation information form:
Participant information form
If you are interested in participating, please contact us:
Freecall: 1800 875 126