Where a student's capacity to prepare a piece of assessment has been affected by factors beyond their control, such as illness or some other unexpected occurrence, students may apply for an extension.
- All applications require supporting documentation, which must be attached to this form. In most cases this should be either a medical certificate or a statutory declaration attesting to the circumstances for which an extension in sought.
- The maximum extension granted is 10 working days from the assessment due date or until the advertised time and date that marks and solutions for the assignment are to be released, whichever is shorter.
- Extension applications should be made at least 3 days prior to the submission deadline.
- An extension is not normally granted on the day that the assessment is due.
- The application outcome will be 2 working days after receipt of a correctly completed form.
- You will be notified via your university student email account of the outcome of your application.
Note: Ensure you read the next section About Applications for Assessment Extension before applying to ensure you understand what is and isn't eligible for extension.