India Health Policy and Systems Research Fellowship
India Health Policy and Systems Research (HPSR) Fellowships Programme is aimed at building the capacity of mid-career public health researchers in Health Policy and Systems Research(HPSR) in India.
Through a blended training programme and by building a community of practice for peer support and engagement we aspire to build leaders in the field who will influence health policy and systems in India.
Fellows are expected to build an HPSR research protocol and a public/policy engagement plan at the end of the online and F2F workshop and will obtain mentoring to implement the research. Participants will also be expected to develop and implement a public and policy engagement plan.
The content includes:·
- An overview of health systems and its analysis
- An overview of health policy and its analysis
- Characteristics of HPSR
- Framing HPS research questions
- Matching the HPSR questions with the appropriate research designs
- A brief overview of different HPSR methods
- Writing a HPSR proposal
- Conducting a HPS research
- Policy and public engagement
- Communicating the research
Visit the India Health Policy and Systems Research (HPSR) Fellowships
- Professor Sumit Kane
- Professor Ajay Mahal
- Professor Barbara McPake
- Prarthna Dayal
- Dr. Bruno Marchal, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Antwerp
- Dr. Prashanth N Srinivas, Institute of Public Health, Bengaluru
- Dr. Devaki Nambiar, The George Institute for Global Health, Delhi
- Dr. Rakhal Gaitonde, Achutha Menon Centre for Health Science Studies, Trivandrum
- Dr. Dorothy Lall, Institute of Public Health, Bengaluru
- Dr. Sara Van Belle, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Antwerp
- Dr. N Devadasan, Health Systems Transformation Platform, Delhi
The India HPSR Fellowships Programme is supported by the Sir Ratan Tata Trusts, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and Access Health International.
Social & Cultural Dimensions of Health Systems
School Research Themes
Prevention and management of non-communicable diseases (including cancer), and promotion of mental health, Disparities, disadvantage and effective health care, Data science, health metrics and disease modeling
For further information about this research, please contact the research group leader.
Department / Centre
Nossal Institute for Global Health
MDHS Research library
Explore by researcher, school, project or topic.