The After Hours Primary Health Care Program
- Provides access to after hours GP telephone advice when needed (reported on separately)
- Ensures that local after hours primary care services are well planned, coordinated and appropriate to community needs
- Ensures that appropriate primary care services are accessible when needed in both the sociable and unsociable after hours periods, including for disadvantaged groups such as the residents of aged care facilities, the house bound aged and palliative care patients
- Ensures patients are directed to the most appropriate point of care for their condition
- Provides better support for health professionals in the arrangement and/or provision of after hours care for patients.
Department of Health and Ageing
School Research Themes
For further information about this research, please contact the research group leader.
Department / Centre
Unit / Centre
MDHS Research library
Explore by researcher, school, project or topic.