We investigate how gender equity impacts on health and wellbeing, as well as current approaches to the measurement of gender equality in the workforce.
Policy, Services and the NDIS
Our work in this theme is primarily concerned with linked data, the National Disability Insurance Scheme and major government policy reform.
Paid and Unpaid Work
We conduct research on carers, support workers, working conditions, employment services, unpaid work, mental health outcomes, COVID-19 impacts and young people transitioning into the workforce.
- Impact of COVID-19 on Disability Support Workers
- School to work transitions among young people with disabilities
- Who cares? Taking care of the carers
- Disability, social mobility and the well-being of people with disabilities
- Hidden in the margins: the lives of young carers
- Modelling the effectiveness of employment policies in reducing disability-related mental health inequalities
- Disability Docos: The Stories Behind the Numbers
- YES: Youth Employment Study
- Psychosocial disability and employment
- MatesMonitor: Suicide prevention in the construction industry
- IDES: Improving Disability Employment Study
This research program focuses on mental health in the workplace, mental health and disability, suicide prevention as well as gender and mental health.
This research is about understanding behaviour change and investigates behaviour change interventions in people with MS and disability in Australia.
Violence and Discrimination
This research theme includes projects on discrimination, general attitudes towards disability as well as the nature and extent of violence towards people with disability.
COVID-19 and Inequality
These projects focus on the impact of COVID-19on workers from a gender perspective and for people with disability in the immediate, adjustment and recovery phases of the pandemic.