The Australian Global Health Alliance, a national peak body for organisations working in global health, is hosted at the Nossal Institute for Global Health.
The Alliance is a member-based network strengthening the global health ecosystem in Australia and the region through traditional and non-traditional partnerships and platforms committed to supporting progress on work on planetary health, First Nations health, and gender equality globally. We work in partnership with young leaders and students in global health, academic institutions, government agencies, and international organisations, NGOS, and private sector partnerships with public health.
The Alliance is looking for a Project Coordinator who is enthusiastic about communications in the field of global health, public health, and international development.
About the Role
An integral part of a small team, the Project Coordinator - Digital will provide support in the clear communication of the Alliance and its networks’ respective brands and strategies and support the growth of our communities.
This opportunity is suited to someone with tertiary qualification in communications and marketing and a communications experience in global health, public health, or international development.
This a part-time position at 0.8 FTE (4 days per week) for a 12-month fixed term contract.
You are an early career professional passionate about communications. You have strong skills in brand communications and work well in a supportive dynamic environment. You are enthusiastic about meaningfully contributing to the next phase of the Alliance.
You will have the ability to:
- prioritise workflow in managing Alliance communications
- copywrite for a range of platforms, including social media, website, and other marketing materials
- work with internal and external key stakeholders
- work collaboratively
- report analytics to measure communications success
- Base salary AUD$65,000 per annum to be paid pro-rata
- 10% superannuation
- access to not-for-profit sector salary packaging.
- Flexible and hybrid working arrangements
- Access to professional development funding
- Suite of practical training tools and materials available to all employees
- Networking opportunities with colleagues in the Melbourne School of Population and Global Health plus across the University of Melbourne
How to Apply
Further details can be obtained from the Position Description or by contacting Selina Namchee Lo, Executive Director – Australian Global Health Alliance
Candidates are requested to submit a:
- CV (maximum 4 pages)
- cover letter
- separate statement addressing each selection criteria outlined in the position description (including the desirable criteria).
Forward your application to Nossal-HR@unimelb.edu.au with “Application – Project Coordinator - Digital” included in the subject line.
Applications close - Sunday, 3 July 2022 at 11:59pm and will be assessed as they are received. Interviews are planned for week beginning 11 July 2022.
Diversity & Inclusion Statement
Nossal Institute is committed to workplace equity and diversity. We encourage applications from candidates from underrepresented groups, including people with diverse cultural backgrounds, gender identities and people with disability. We aim to remove barriers and apply the principles of reasonable accommodation in recruitment and more broadly in our work.
You need to be eligible to work in Australia.
Relevant background checks will be completed prior to the preferred candidate’s employment being confirmed.