What is metadata?
* Data about data.
* Identifies where information is located.
* Helps you discover similar relevant information from other sources.
* Can be stored in multiple ways.
Benefits of metadata
* Helps to make existing data sets 'discoverable'.
* Assists to identify resources by relevant criteria.
* Metadata is of interest to researchers.
* Supports the archiving and preservation of information.
This Metadata Database:
* Is useful for preparing grant applications.
* Provides a one-stop-shop of measures in ageing.
* Facilitates research conversations across disciplines.
* Links researchers to data custodians