Evaluation and Implementation Science focuses on generating evidence to inform better policy and practice. It also seeks to better understand development, uptake, adoption, and implementation of evidence-based interventions, health services and policies. The stream includes research across the whole continuum of health interventions from those targeting the social determinants of health to those addressing health service innovation. Researchers in this stream have specific expertise in:
- Developing innovative approaches to evaluation
- Health literacy
- Health system reform and policy making
- Improving health system responsiveness to diversity
- Primary care and health promotion
- Quality, safety and consumer engagement in health
The Evaluation and Implementation Science Unit was led by the late Professor Margaret Kelaher until 2021. Please click here to read more about Margaret and her work.