Webinar series | COVID-19 and detention
The Justice Health Unit is convening a series of six webinars on the theme of Building a sustainable, comprehensive response to COVID-19 in relation to detention.
The webinars, to be held monthly from July to December 2020, will have a global perspective with speakers from international organisations including the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). The overall focus of the series will be on:
- Understanding the policy/operational responses so far
- Identifying what has been missing from the response (voices, regions, perspectives, issues, information)
- Developing recommendations on what is needed to achieve comprehensive, sustainable, whole-of-government responses
The webinar topics are:
- Global overview (For event details and to register, click here)
- COVID-19 and decarceration
- Rights, accountability, information and standards in a COVID-19 world
- Immigration detention and COVID-19
- Australasian issues
- International responses – next steps for policy, advocacy, funding and research
Prof Stuart Kinner, Head of the Justice Health Unit, University of Melbourne, will facilitate the webinar series.
For more information, contact Clare Chiminello.