Justice Health Unit hosts COVID-19 and Detention Webinar 4: Immigration detention
The Justice Health Unit hosted the fourth international webinar in the six webinar series on Building a sustainable, comprehensive response to COVID-19 in relation to detention, which focused on immigration detention.
The webinar, held on 12 November 2020, was co-facilitated by Prof Stuart Kinner and Louise Southalan of the Justice Health Unit.
Webinar 4: Immigration detention
(Recorded on 12 November 2020)
Presentations and links
The panellists presented in the order listed below. Links to the their Powerpoint presentations, where used, are provided.
- Vivienne Chew, Acting Co-Director, International Detention Coalition (IDC). Her Powerpoint presentation is available here.
- Dr Mitsuyoshi Morita, Health Care In Detention Specialist, International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). See recording for verbal presentation.
- Mark Travassos, MD, MSc, Assistant Professor, Director, Pediatric Global Health Track, Center for Vaccine Development and Global Health, University of Maryland School of Medicine. His Powerpoint presentation is available here.
- Joanna Josephs, General Manager, Centre for Asylum Seekers, Refugees and Detainees (CARAD). Her Powerpoint presentation is available here.
A link to the YouTube playlist COVID-19 and detention (Justice Health Unit Webinar series) is available here.
Future webinar topics, to be held on dates to be advised, are:
- Australasian issues
- International responses – next steps for policy, advocacy, funding and research
Details will be advertised progressively. To receive notification of the date, time and registration link for upcoming webinars, email JHU-Webinar@unimelb.edu.au
For more information, contact Clare Chiminello.