Justice Health Unit hosts COVID-19 and Detention Webinar 2: Decarceration
The Justice Health Unit hosted the second international webinar in the six webinar series on Building a sustainable, comprehensive response to COVID-19 in relation to detention, which focussed on the important issue of decarceration.
The webinar, held on 20 August 2020, was co-facilitated by Prof Stuart Kinner and Claire Keen of the Justice Health Unit.
Webinar 2: Decarceration
(Recorded on 20 August 2020)
For those panellists who used Powerpoint, their Powerpoint presentations are available at the links below:
- Presentation 1: Prof Lorana Bartels, ANU (see video for verbal presentation)
- Presentation 2: A/Prof Lisa Puglisi, Yale University
- Presentation 3: Sgt Rashad Ibn Mumuni, Ghana Prison Service
- Presentation 4: Dr Paul Simpson, UNSW
A link to the YouTube playlist COVID-19 and detention (Justice Health Unit Webinar series) is available here.
Future webinar topics, to be held monthly from September to December 2020, are:
- Rights and accountability
- Immigration detention and COVID-19
- Australasian issues
- International responses – next steps for policy, advocacy, funding and research
Details will be advertised progressively. To receive notification of the date, time and registration link for upcoming webinars, email JHU-Webinar@unimelb.edu.au
For more information, contact Clare Chiminello.