Justice Health Unit co-convenes and presents at PHAA Justice Health Conference
The Justice Health Unit had a strong presence at the Public Health Association of Australia (PHAA) Virtual Justice Health Conference 2021, held on 3 and 4 November. A/Prof Rohan Borschmann, Lindsay Pearce, Melissa Willoughby and Dr Lucas Calais Ferreira, along with Unit Head Prof Stuart Kinner, presented at the conference. Prof Kinner was also co-chair of the conference, co-delivered the opening plenary session and facilitated the plenary session Monitoring and healthcare standards in custody. Melissa Willoughby and Dr Jesse Young were on the Conference Advisory Committee along with Prof Kinner.
The theme of the conference was Evidence, Accountability, Action. Justice Health Unit team members presented on:
- Reducing suicide in people in contact with the criminal justice system (A/Prof Rohan Borschmann)
- Violence-related morbidity among people released from prison (Melissa Willoughby)
- Mortality from NCDs among justice-involved young people: A data linkage study (Dr Lucas Calais Ferreira)
- Review of early guidance to prevent and control COVID-19 in custodial settings (Lindsay Pearce)
- Multisectoral data linkage to understand health and mortality outcomes of justice-involved youth (Lindsay Pearce)
Recorded JHU presentations are available on request by emailing the relevant presenters.