Melbourne School of Population and Global Health
Our Centres & Institutes
Centre for Health Equity
- Langton, M., Smith, K., Eastman, T., O’Neill, L., Cheesman, E., Rose, M. 2020 (forthcoming). Improving family violence legal and support services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women. Sydney: Australia’s National Research Organisation for Women’s Safety.pp.1-144.
- Eastman, T., Smith, K., Langton, M., O’Neill, L., Cheesman, E., Rose, M, 2020 (forthcoming), Family violence policies, legislation and services: Improving access and suitability for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander men. Sydney: Australia’s National Research Organisation for Women’s Safety.
- Featherstone, D, Stuchbery, C, Huebner, S, Ormond-Parker, L, Dodd, A 2020 (forthcoming), ‘First Nations Media Australia: supporting on-country archiving of community collections’, Australian Aboriginal Studies Special Edition.
- Huebner, S, Hermes, A, Easteal, S 2020 (forthcoming), ‘The practice of engaging Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities in genome research’, in L MacDonald, J Tuari, L George (eds), Indigenous Research Ethics: Claiming Research Sovereignty beyond deficit and the colonial legacy, Emerald Publishing, United Kingdom.
- Ormond-Parker, L., Murray, L., 2020, Report to the Victorian Aboriginal Heritage Council: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander secret or sacred and Aboriginal Cultural Heritage material in the Cultural Collections of the University of Melbourne, The University of Melbourne.
- Ormond-Parker, L., Carter, N., Fforde, C., Knapman, G., & Morris, W. (2020). Repatriation in the Kimberley: Practice, approach, and contextual history. In C. Fforde, C. T. McKeown, & H. Keeler (Eds.), The Routledge Companion to Indigenous Repatriation Return, Reconcile, Renew (First ed., pp. 165-187). London: Routledge - Taylor & Francis.
- Prictor, M, Huebner, S, Teare, H, Burchill, L, Kaye, J 2020, ‘Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander collections of genetic heritage: considering the law, ethics and potential application of a Dynamic Consent approach for decision making’, The Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics, vol. 48, pp. 205-217.
- Corn, A., Ormond-Parker, L., & De Largy Healy, J. (Eds.) (2019). Preservation, Digital Technology and Culture. Special Issue: A Reflection of the Day: Essays in Honour of Joseph Neparrŋa Gumbula. (Vol. 47, Iss. 1-2). Germany: De Gruyter.
- Eastman, T., Langton, M., Smith, K, 2019, Building practical legal reforms to improve access for Indigenous women experiencing family violence by addressing the link between child protection, health services and reluctance to report. IAHA National Conference, Darwin, 23-25th September 2019
- Ormond-Parker, L., & Corn, A. (2019). Information technologies and Indigenous communities INTRODUCTION (Vol. 47). ROUTLEDGE JOURNALS, TAYLOR& FRANCIS LTD.
- Ormond-Parker, L. (2019). Deadline 2025: AIATSIS and the audiovisual archive. Archives and Manuscripts, 47(1), 3-19.
- Smith K, Langton M, Chenhall R, Smith P, and Bawden S (2019). The Alcohol Management Plan at Pormpuraaw, Queensland, Australia: An ethnographic community-based study. Foundation for Alcohol Research and Education, Canberra.
- Corn, A., Ormond-Parker, L., & De Largy Healy, J. (2018). From the Guest Editors, Aaron Corn with Lyndon Ormond-Parker and Jessica de Largy Healy. Preservation, Digital Technology and Culture, 47(3-4), 68-69.
- Langton, M. (2018). Joe Gumbula, the Inaugural Liya-ŋärra’mirri Visiting Fellow. Preservation, Digital Technology & Culture, 47(3-4), 91-101. (IF = 0.23, JR = 0.16, citations = 1)
- Langton, M., Smith, K., Bawden, S. 2018, Shifting the problem? Local versus regional approaches to alcohol management by Indigenous communities, The 5th National Indigenous Drug and Alcohol Conference, Adelaide Convention Centre, Adelaide, 7 November - 9 November.
- Murray, L Ormond-Parker, O Shears, S 2018, Report to the Victorian Aboriginal Heritage Council: Audit of Aboriginal Ancestral Remains and Associated Aboriginal Objects, The University of Melbourne.
- Murray, L Ormond-Parker, O Shears, S 2018, Report on Aboriginal Ancestral Remains in the custody of The University of Melbourne, The University of Melbourne.
- Ormond-Parker, L., & Bernholz, L. (2018). The Ethics of Designing Digital Infrastructure. Stanford Social Innovation Review. Summer2018, 16(3), 34-39.
- Langton, M. & Smith, K. 2017, Dealing with the harmful impacts of alcohol: more effective policies urgently required, 14th National Rural Health Conference, Cairns Convention Centre, 26 – 29 April, 2017.
- Langton, M., Smith, K. 2017, A regional approach to Alcohol Management in Northern Australia: Mobility, supply chains and community control, Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies (AIATSIS) National Indigenous Research Conference 2017: Impact, Engagement & Transformation, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, 21 – 23 March 2017.
- Huebner, S & Flowers, E 2016, ‘‘It’s a resting place, where our spirits go’: bringing back lost ancestor memories to Western Australia’s Great Southern – Noongar boodja’, Journal of Arts & Communities, 8:1+2, pp. 75-92.
- Langton, M., Smith, K., Chenhall, R., 2016. Indigenous Narratives about alcohol impacts and sobriety, The Lowitja Institute International Indigenous Health and Wellbeing Conference, Melbourne Conference Centre, Australia, 8-10 November.
- Ormond-Parker, L., Langton, M., Huebner, S., Coleman, J., Pearson, C., Sloggett, R., . . . Clarke, K. (2016). When Magnets Collide: Digital Preservation and Access of At-Risk Audiovisual Archives in a Remote Aboriginal Community (1). Parkville, Australia: Melbourne Networked Society Institute, The University of Melbourne.
- Ormond-Parker, L. (2016). Aboriginal Communities, Information Technology and the Economics of Knowledge. (PhD Thesis).
- Ormond-Parker, L 2016. Ancestral Remains held by KALACC September 2016. Audit of the KALACC Keeping Place, Fizroy Crossing, WA. Report to Kimberley Aboriginal Law and Cultural Centre, Fitzroy Crossing WA. pp. 1-84.
- Fforde, C., ORMOND-PARKER, L., & Turnbull, P. (2015). Repatriation Research: Archives and the Recovery of History and Heritage. In R. Redmond-Cooper (Ed.), Heritage, Ancestry and Law: Principles, Policies and Practices in Dealing with Historical Human Remains (1 ed.). Crickadarn, Builth Wells, UK: Institute of Art and Law.
- Fforde, C. Ormond-Parker, L & Torpey-Hurst, J. 2015. Ancestral Remains repatriated from the South Australian Museum Unpublished research report for Kimberley Aboriginal Law and Cultural Centre, Fitzroy Crossing, WA. pp. 1-157.
- Smith, K., Langton, M. & Chenhall, R. 2015, Alcohol policy and assemblages of intervention: Managing alcohol in Indigenous communities, Addiction 2015: Alcohol, Other Drugs, Behavioural Addictions: Prevention, Treatment and Recovery, Surfers Paradise, Australia, 20 – 22 May 2015, pp. 101-114.
- O'Connell, J., ORMOND-PARKER, L. C., Spunner, S., & Sloggett, R. (2014). Waringarri Aboriginal Arts: Rethinking practices in conservation documentation through assessing the needs of a community arts centre. AICCM Bulletin, 34, 75-84.
- Smith K, Langton, M, d'Abbs P, Room R, Chenhall R & Brown A (2014) Alcohol Management Plans, in Elizabeth Manton, Robin Room, Caterina Giorgi and Michael Thorn (eds) Stemming the tide of alcohol: Liquor licensing and the public interest. Foundation for Alcohol Research and Education in collaboration with The University of Melbourne, Canberra, pp.167-76.1 (Citations = 5)
- Smith, K, Langton, M, Chenhall, R, 2014, Alcohol Management Plans in the Northern Territory: At the intersection of policy, social and spatial dynamics, Kettil Bruun Society Thematic Conference on Alcohol Policy Research, Centre for Alcohol Policy Research, Melbourne, Australia, 8-11 September 2014.
- Chenhall, R., Smith, K. & Langton, M. 2013, Alcohol Management Plans: Do wider reform strategies lead to success? Challenges for Health and Society: Informing Positive Change, Centre for Health and Society Symposium, University of Melbourne, Australia, 17 – 18 April 2013.
- Huebner, S 2013, ‘A digital community project for the recuperation, activation and emergence of Victorian Koorie knowledge, culture and identity’, in L Ormond-Parker, A Corn, C Fforde, K Obatz & S O’Sullivan (eds), Information Technology and Indigenous Communities, AIATSIS, Canberra, pp. 171-184.
- Leonard, S. N., Mackenzie., Kofod., Parsons., Langton, M. L., Russ., . . . Smith. (2013). Indigenous climate change adaptation in the Kimberley region of North-western Australia: Final Report. AU (Parkville): University of Melbourne.
- O’Connell, J., Ormond-Parker, L., Spunner, S., & Sloggett, R. (2013). Waringarri Aboriginal Arts: Rethinking practices in conservation documentation through assessing the needs of a community arts centre. AICCM Bulletin, 34(1), 75-84.
- Ormond-Parker, L. C., O'Connell, J. M., & Hirst, J. (2013). Warmun Community Art Collection Conservation Report: Final Report. AU (Melbourne): University of Melbourne.
- Ormond-Parker, L. C., & Spunner, S. (2013). L'invention aborigene de la technologie et la museologie cooperative. In V. Gaulter, C. Cohen, M. Surya, C. Gaunt, L. Garond, J. deVoge, & A. Morvan (Eds.), Memoires Vives une histoire de l'art Aborigene (2013 ed., pp. 194-202). FR: Editions de la Martiniere.
- Ormond-Parker, L., Corn, A., Obata, K., & O'Sullivan, S. 2013, Information technology and indigenous communities (1922102164), AISTSIS, Canberra;
- Smith, K., Langton, M., d'Abbs, P., Room, R., Chenhall, R., & Brown, A. 2013, Alcohol management plans and related reforms, Indigenous Justice Clearinghouse, Sydney, NSW;
- Sloggett, R., & Ormond-Parker, L. (2013). Crashes along the super highway: the information continuum. In L. Ormond-Parker, C. Fforde, K. Obata, A. Corn, & S. O'Sullivan (Eds.), Information Technologies and Indigenous Communities (2013 ed., pp. 227-246). Canberra: AIATSIS Research Publications.