Our research is frequently quoted in print media, online news articles and radio. Some examples of our recent media coverage are listed below.
- Professor Marcia Langton AO calls on governments to listen to Black Lives Matter protesters, ABC News, 8 June 2020: Professor Marcia Langton calls for urgent action to address the the lack of convictions of police over Aboriginal deaths in custody.
- Foundation for Alcohol Research & Education/University of Melbourne joint press release, 12 Mar 2020: Professor Marcia Langton and Dr Kristen Smith’s research on the Alcohol Management Plan at Pormpuraaw, Queensland is discussed, noting the positive impact of alcohol restrictions dropping incidents of assaults, family violence and hospital admissions.
- Marcia Langton reflects on how far reconciliation has come in the last 20 years, 7.30 with Leigh Sales, 25 Feb 2020: Professor Marcia Langton reflects on the changes she has seen during the last two decades, and those that still need to come.
- Meeting hosted by the Prime Minister in the Cabinet Room with the Coalition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peak Organisations, Prime Minister's Office, 23 Jan 2020: Includes information on the Indigenous Data Network's involvement with the government’s Closing the Gap reforms, specifically Priority Reform 4 on Indigenous community data.
- Australia's missing history classes, The Signal, ABC News, 28 Nov 2019: Professor Marcia Langton discusses the place of Aboriginal culture and history in the Australian school curriculum.
- The new tools that will help return Indigenous ancestral remains to Australia, SBS News, 24 Sept 2019: Dr Lyndon Ormond-Parker discusses ancestral remains "removed and stolen" from Indigenous communities for decades and shipped overseas.
- Marcia Langton: determined and undaunted, ABC Radio National Phillip Adams on Late Night Live, 25 Jul 2019: Professor Marcia Langton discusses the heated nature of debate about race issues in Australia.
- Indigenous bones returned to Australia century after black-market trade reveal cruel treatment, ABC News, 22 May 2019: Dr Lyndon Ormond-Parker discusses the issue of Indigenous remains held in overseas institutions.
- Marcia Langton: Government accelerating Indigenous people into ‘permanent poverty’, The Mandarin, 25 Feb 2019: Professor Marcia Langton speaks at the ANZSOG conference 'Reimagining public administration: First Peoples, governance and new paradigms'.
- Einsten A Go Go, Three Triple R, 25 Nov 2018: A discussion of work on the Indigenous microbiome project with Dr Sharon Huebner and Professor Len Harrison, Senior Principal Research Fellow at the National Health and Medical Research Council.
- Dead Calm: Memorials, The Wheeler Centre podcast, 1 Oct 2018: Dr Lyndon Ormond-Parker joins Hilary Harper, Joy Damousi and Bjorn Nansen to explore the role, relevance and relief offered by memorials after death and disaster.
- Microbiome research could help Indigenous families reconnect and record their history, ABC News, 30 Aug 2018: Stories from participants in the Indigenous microbiome project, including a discussion of Dr Sharon Huebner's work on the project.