Skip to main content
Melbourne School of Population and Global Health
Our Centres & Institutes
Centre for Health Equity
Disability and Health Unit
- Dickinson H, Kavanagh A & Llewellyn G. (2022) Examining Australia’s performance in realising CRPD obligations in health through the lens of COVID-19. In Felder F, Davy L & Kayess R. Disability law and human rights – theory and practice. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan; 1st ed. 2022 edition (January 18, 2022). pp. 239-261. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-86545-0_12
- Emerson E, Aitken Z, Badland H, Fortune N, Green C & Rachele J (2021). Social and Environmental Determinants of the Health of People with Disabilities. In M Putnam & C Bigby (Eds) Handbook on Aging with Disability. Routledge: London, pp. 44-56.
- Milner A & LaMontage AD (2018). Suicide Prevalence and Suicide Prevention in the Workplace, In Violence and abuse in the workplace (Eds: Cooper C & Burke R). UK: Gower, 59-76. 10.4324/9781315194868
- Kavanagh A, Devine A, Shields M (in press). The health of people with disability. In: Oxford Texbook of Global Public Health. edn. Edited by Detels R, Quarraisha A, Baum F, Leyland A, Li L. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Page K, Milner A, LaMontagne AD (2017). Wellbeing-enhancing workplaces, In Wellbeing, Recovery and Mental Health. (Eds: Slade M, Oades L, Jarden A), Cambridge University Press, Cambridge UK, Chapter 24.
- Page KM, Allisey A, Tchernitskaia I, Noblet AJ, LaMontagne AD, Reavley N, Milner AJ, Martin A (2017). Workplace mental health: Development of an integrated intervention strategy for an Australian policing organisation, In Wellbeing, Recovery and Mental Health. (Eds: Slade M, Oades L, Jarden A), Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, Cambridge UK.
- Hillier L, de Visser R, Kavanagh AM, McNair R (2004). The drug use patterns of heterosexual and non-heterosexual young women: data from the Women's Health Australia study. In D. Riggs G. Walker (eds), Perth: Brightfire Press Out in the Antipodes editor: Gordon Walker, Brightfire Press, Western Australia.
- Kavanagh AM, Daly J, Melder A and Jolley D. (2003) 'Mind the gap': Assessing the quality of evidence for public health problems. In Evidence-based health policy: Problems and possibilities. V Lin & B Gibson (Editors). Oxford University Press, Melbourne. Chapter 6 pp 70-79.
- Kavanagh AM. (2001) Epidemiology and Technologies of Quantification in Technologies and Health: Critical Compromises. Jeanne Daly, Marilys Guillemin, and Sophie Hill (Editors). Oxford University Press, Melbourne. Chapter 7 pp 90-104.
- Milner A, Carter GL (2015). Brief contact interventions: current evidence and future research directions. Chapter in International Handbook of Suicide Prevention - 2nd Edition. Wiley: United Kingdom.
- Milner A (2013). Direct and indirect costs of suicide. Chapter in Suicidal behaviours in Men: determinants and prevention in Australia (Eds. K Kõlves, E Kumpula & D De Leo). pp. 106-110. Brisbane: Australian Institute for Suicide Research and Prevention.
- Thornton LE and Kavanagh A (2010). Understanding the Local Food Environment and Obesity. In Geographies of Obesity: Environmental Understanding of Obesity Epidemic. J Pearce and K Witten (editors); 79-110; United Kingdom: Ashgate. ISBN 978-0-7546-7619-5
- Turrell G and Kavanagh AM. (2004) Socio-economic determinants of Health. Book chapter for publication in Hands on Health Promotion. Rob Moodie and Alana Hulme (editors). IP Communications pp. 391-4.