Sexual and reproductive health of women with disability in the Philippines: Building evidence for action
- Increase the availability of information on disability prevalence and the lived experience of disability (well-being and access to services) in the Philippines.
- Generate data on the experiences of women with disability in relation to access to SRH programs (including barriers and facilitators) and women's experiences of SRH programs in Quezon City (Metro Manila) and Ligao City (Albay province).
- Analyse data to inform design and implementation of interventions to increase access to SRH programs for women with disability.
- Provide evidence on the effectiveness of these interventions and develop guidelines for gender-sensitive disability inclusion in SRH programs and across the health sector in the Philippines.
- Increase the capacity of local partners to implement disability inclusive research.
Australian Development Research Award (DFAT) and UNFPA
School Research Themes
For further information about this research, please contact the research group leader.