Evidence and Child Health
The Evidence and Child Health Unit comprises two programs: The Jack Brockhoff Child Health and Wellbeing Program that works towards a vision of every child having the opportunity for a fulfilling and healthy life, and the Public Health Insight program, which incorporates the Cochrane Public Health Group.
Gender and Women's Health
The Gender and Women’s Health Unit aims to improve the health of women, their families and communities through high quality teaching, research and knowledge exchange. The Unit’s work contributes to knowledge about the health effects of gender inequity and its intersection with other social, economic, cultural, psychological, and biological factors.
- Access to Paid Parental Leave and the Health of Young Mothers
- Analysing Safety and Place in Immigrant and Refugee Experience
- Improving Employment Outcomes for Australians with Disability
- iPrevent: a support tool to facilitate discussion about breast cancer prevention and screening
- Sexual and reproductive health of women with disability in the Philippines
- The importance of gender and socio-economic disadvantage for the mental health of people living with disability
- Understanding local and regional accessibility are associated with travel,related health and economic impacts
Health Humanities and Social Sciences
The Health Humanities and Social Sciences Unit brings together the humanities and social sciences in the study of health and health care. The Centre uses multi-disciplinary approaches to strengthen the nexus between theory and practice in the study of health and society.
Indigenous Health Equity
The Indigenous Health Equity Unit is committed to research and teaching that is underpinned by principles of Indigenous community development and that will lead to long-term improvements in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health.
The Indigenous Studies Unit aims to develop world-class teaching and research in Australian Indigenous Studies.
- Alcohol management in indigenous north Australia: policies and responses
- Alcohol Management Plans in Aboriginal Communities: An ethnographic study
- Alcohol Management Plans in indigenous Australia
- Alcohol Management Plans: Innovation in Research and Evaluation
- Digitisation and Indigenous Communities
- Health and Community Service Agreements
- IBES-Wadeye IPTV: Delivering audiovisual archives to remote aboriginal communities
- Local Aboriginal Community Archives
- Poverty in the Midst of Plenty
Mccaughey Vichealth Community Wellbeing
The McCaughey VicHealth Community Wellbeing Unit is a multi-disciplinary group, which aims to build knowledge about the social, economic and environmental determinants of health and community wellbeing.
Non Communicable Disease Unit
The Non-communicable Disease Prevention and Control Unit has recently relocated from Monash University and has combined with the existing world-class expertise and capabilities of Professor Rob Moodie and his team.
- AOD Hotspots Project
- ASCEND Research Network Program
- Excellence in NonCOmmunicable disease REsearch (ENCORE) between Australian and India
- Improving the Health of People With Type 2 Diabetes Using New Technologies to Optimise Self Management
- The ADVENT Study
- The Kerala Diabetes Prevention Program (KDPP)
- WorkHealth Improvement Networks Evaluation and Monitoring Framework